Posting prayers and Praises from me, IJM [other organizations] and from you, fellow bloggers.
IJM Prayer List
"He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor. 'For the foundations of the earth are the Lord's; upon them he has set the world.'"
— 1 Samuel 2:8
- Pray for the widows we serve in Uganda who are struggling with health issues. Pray especially for one of our clients suffering from AIDS, who has recently become confined to her bed. She cannot look after her young son or maintain her sole source of income. Pray for the Lord to restore her health and hope, and that our aftercare team would be able to counsel our client through this difficult time.
- Please pray for a skilled candidate for our open investigator position in the Kenyaoffice.
- Please pray for the families of two young clients in Rwanda whose abusers were recently acquitted of their charges. Pray for encouragement, strength and freedom from fear for these children and their families. Please cover the families of all of the clients we serve in prayer so that they can face their abusers and the social stigma that comes with being a victim of rape.
- Please pray for IJM Senior Vice President of Education Larry Martin, who is speaking at Hillside Community Church in Alta Loma, CA.
- Please ask for God’s wisdom as we seek to recruit and hire a wise and experiencedVice President of Investigations and Security.
- Please pray for the investigation of a homicide case that IJM’s casework partner in Honduras, ASJ, is handling. Please pray specifically that all necessary evidence would be collected and that the witness would be willing to testify against the alleged perpetrators of the crime.
- Praise God for the conviction achieved in Grecia*’s case this week; the man who sexually abused her over a period of three years was found guilty after a trial that involved many postponements. Pray for this 13-year-old girl as she heals. She has not been emotionally supported by her family. Pray for the man who perpetrated these abuses.
- Please pray for a young IJM Guatemala client who was allegedly abused by her grandfather. Please pray for her restoration and for wisdom for her therapist. She is very traumatized by the abuse and says she thinks she never should have come into this world.
- Please pray for wisdom and discernment as the IJM Bolivia team makes hiring decisions for current open positions. Also pray that the teams that currently have vacancies would be strengthened as they work with fewer staff.
- Pray for our aftercare staff as they lobby with government officials to obtain the rehabilitation funds for victims of forced labor slavery that these victims are owed by law. There is one district where at least 150 rehabilitation checks are still pending.
- Pray for our caseworkers in South Asia as they search out forced labor cases. We have a number of cases under investigation, but are facing real difficulties in documenting the victims inside the facilities. Pray that the teams would find ways to get in touch with the victims especially in a brick kiln case on the outskirts of the city.
- Many sex trafficking victims will testify in court this month. Pray they are able to overcome the trauma they have experienced and testify truthfully.
- Pray that our teams would have the discernment to find committed and professional people to join us in our work as they interview candidates for key positions.
- Pray for wisdom and perseverance for IJM investigators, that they will build trustworthy partnerships with local authorities in order to conduct successful rescue operations.
- Praise God for a Memorandum of Agreement signed by IJM and the last month. The official agreement will enhance IJM’s collaborative partnership with the to combat trafficking in the Philippines. The agreement is the first of its kind for IJM in the Philippines.